Saturday, June 14, 2014

The Fault in our Stars




Honestly, I was a little bit hesitant in watching this movie the first time it came out. The thought of just being another chick flick always comes to mind. Its not that I dont like watching chick flick, but its just not my "cup of tea".

But this movie is totally different.

I was smiling, thinking and was even teary eyed while watching it. I actually admire the writer of this book. Because it captured everything that is needed to become a great book, and now a great movie.

I love the way how I was pulled to the story of the two protagonists.You know that feeling that you have known them for a long time, that you tend to sympathize with what is happening to them. Emotions go from happy, to sad, then happy again, then super sad, then hope will be the last thing that you will feel.

The main factor that made this movie a success, is not just the story, but I strongly because of the actors Hazel and Gus (Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort). Both of them made a great job in portraying the characters. How Gus was charmingly sweet and alive, and how Hazel was both fragile and strong at the same time.

But I think the main thing that hit me with this movie is the lesson it brought me, is the hope that it brings.That everyone deserves to live to the fullest and experience to be loved. That even their eternity was short lived, they knew that their love was true.

Hopeless romantic??? maybe yes. But for the most of us, that is what we are all looking for right? We all long to find that someone who can let us experience true love, for eternity, or even for just for a while.

Definitely worth watching with your special someone.

Rating 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment